Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Japanese vinyl monsters: Bemstar?!


I'm almost positive this guy's name is Bemstar...does spelling count? Anyways...I've had a growing appreciation for Japanese vinyl monsters and figures for years. Problem is...MONEY! Damn, but these figures are hard to find for a reasonable price. I'm no expert...sadly...so the world of vinyl toys is very foreign to me. I've love more, but that world of collectibles is so seemingly vast to me, that I doubt I'd ever be a hardcore collector. I used to have a bunch of Ultraman monsters I had gotten sporadically in college. They were cool, but I ended up selling 'em to avoid further mania. Plus, they were more "realistic" in style. I really love these goofy, uber-colorful ones that often are not show-accurate or just generally kitschy in look. Bemstar is also an Ultraman foe. This one is made by Bullmark, I believe...and I'm not sure of the year. He's about 8 or 9 inches in height with minimal limb articulation.

Trust me...if these were easier to obtain (and cheaper)...I'd have a shit-load of 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment