Tuesday, November 15, 2011

WAR MONSTERS...Battle Beast knock offs...or bootlegs...or both...


I love Battle Beasts...I'll get around to talkin' about 'em some day, but right now, I'll show off this bootleg/knock off of them. For those who don't know...Battle Beasts were from the 80s...the glorious 80s, golden age of cool action figures! They were little couple o' inch tall painted hard rubber figures with moveable arms, heat-sensitive elemental insignias on their bodies, and unique weapons. They were originally a Transformers spin-off from their native Japan (called Beastformers), but released as Battle Beasts most everywhere else, and without the Transformers connection. This little guy is from a set of six figures eerily similar to Battle Beasts. Mainly released in Canada, were the toys called WAR MONSTERS. I've seen the package but once...came just like Battle Beasts as a two-pack. Each of the six had their own unique weapon and sticker...only, the War Monsters had no elemental signs...just a crappy glittery hologram sticker...eh...! No names...just ones based off of a snake, a gator, a bull, a tiger, horse/unicorn, and this guy...a bat. Yeah, these go for a lot...even incomplete. Expect to pay around fifty to seventy bucks on one...just sayin'. I got my ONE in a lot with other real Battle Beasts for fifty bucks...sold the rest...not too bad. Now I just need/want the rest. Damn!

2 comments:

  1. I also need/want the War Monster set! I especially want the bat. If you ever here about any for sale please email me Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have this one. I have the unicorn too. Was in my attic for 30 years. Lol

    ReplyDelete