Friday, February 10, 2012

POWER FIGHTERS (a mini MOTU knock off...die cast!)


See this guy? He's pretty damned obscure as near as I can tell. He's from a line of action figures called Power Fighters. He's around 3-4 inches...articulated plastic limbs with a die cast metal body. Almost like an odd cousin of the die cast Galaxy Warriors (which I have yet to show off on this blog). He came with a weapon and a plastic loincloth or codpiece...but those are both missing form my loose sample. I'm pretty sure there were four types of figures made...same body, different colors and heads. I believe there was one helmeted warrior, a bearded guy and a big-eyed alien dude. All had a little weapon and romanesque codpiece. The art on the package was classic. I do not have an example, but it had some weird knock off Man-E-Faces kinda guy thrusting his over-exaggerated pointing finger at you on the cardback. It was done up in some old Korean manga style artwork that just looked great. Oh, how I wish I had an example to show! Anyway, I love MOTU knock offs and bootlegs...even mini ones! I was glad to nab this guy...wish I had more now. His head is odd...looks like he wearing some Darth Vader style helmet with and odd red bandage over his eyes with one peeking out...he looks evil. I assume he's a villain. I don't think the Power Fighters had names, unlike the Galaxy Warriors or Fighters. He looks like he can be the brother of Evil Karzu! Oh, I'll get to those die cast mini MOTU knock offs later...you better believe it!

1 comment:

  1. I have a yellow dino-face one. Mine has die cast arms & body. Head & crotch are plastic.

    ReplyDelete