Friday, February 10, 2012

Vinyl Lizard (Chameleon)



I had gotten this vinyl lizard toy a little while back, but just got around to yakking about it now. Sadly, at this time I have him put away, but he's about 6-8 inches long (maybe)...not huge, but not dinky. He's the classic hollow-gulleted vinyl uggo that I just love! I had one as a kid...that one was a duller green...almost greyish. Anyhoo, I had gotten that one back in a Hershey Park gift shop...a totally random one. They have a small zoo embedded in the park, but I distinctly remember being in a panic to get some damn crappy momento before we left for home. See, we kids always had to get some dumb piece of crap toy or doo-dad before we left any attraction, be in amusement park, museum, or zoo...just some notion we got into out heads at a young age. We'd bitch and moan until mom gave in. I remember not being able to decide and trying to seek out some cool-ass thing...we stopped at some fancy gift place...mostly adult knick knacks and what not...a lousy goft shop...but on one shelf in some corner, I spotted a PDQ tray of these weird, ugly lizards and snatched one up with joy! Long story short...as with many of my toys...it went bye-bye. Now, I got a new one...a better one (I like this color better). Oh, plus the old one had a weird kinked, defect near the end of the tail. Oh, "they" made more styles. This one is unmarked, and it's hard to track this kinda stuff down in terms of specifics, but I see similar ones once in a while in lots on eBay. I did see a very awesome one of these mixed in a bag of old action figures at this auction house...but I wasn't gonna bid on a big sack of action figures I didn't need or want to get one lizard, no matter how bad I wanted it. It was very "monstery"...very unscientific...a nice place between monster and lizard! It had a spiky back with mixed green and orange paint apps. Nice! I still wanna find more of this chameleon's ilk...he needs brethren!

No comments:

Post a Comment