Sunday, July 14, 2013

Kim Arashikage aka JINX

Toy talk time! It's been a while, and if you read or have read this, you know one of my favorite toy lines is G.I. Joe. Well, I had been thinking about joining the G.I. Joe Collector Club for a while, despite the fact it goes against what I stand for. See, the Club produces toys with Hasbro's blessing, pretty much. Hasbro owns G.I. Joe and can do what they want with it. The Collector Club has the okay to make and release toys that essentially pander to dorky adult collectors like myself. Yeah, those figures also tend to cost a lot more and are not available at retail. Hasbro seemingly can't give collectors all their hopes and dreams, so the Club steps in a does it...for a...price. Hee hee hee! Anyway, I joined the club to get a special convention set, but missed this thing they have called a figure subscription service. They ship these to you two at a time. If you didn't subscribe, and are still a member of the club, you can basically buy any extras on their site...just for a bit more money. Eh, I caved! I'm not getting EVERY figure since they are mondo expensive, but I've gottena few so far.

I guess this makes me a hypocrite since I've always bashed the idea of any type of collector club, huh? DAMMIT!!!

Anyway, first is Jinx. Well, they call her by her "real" name since I'm sure Jinx had a copyright by someone else. I'm calling her Jinx for the remainder of this review since it's shorter than Kim Arashikage. Honestly, the only real problem with the toy, is the head. It's kinda small. Aside form that, I love it. The club reused an old Scarlett body and an even older head form another Jinx figure. A lot of fans already hated the head. Thankfully, since G.I. Joe is a smaller scale toy line, you kinda might not notice...eh...kinda.


Jinx, ideally, looks great. The new version is probably the best yet. I mean, the old original was a woman in almost solid baggy pajamas and a full face mask. Kinda boring. Modern Jinx rocks...aside from the kinda small head. True, there were two versions released just before the second Joe flick at various conventions, but I like this one. I've seen fellow fans add the head from one of those to this figure to improve it.

Anyway, aside form the usual articulation, Jinx comes with a bunch of tactical ninja gear. She has her removable blindfold, some nunchaku, a hun with silencer, and a grappling hook.


She also comes with those tow little arm blade thingies...I forget if they have a "special" kind of name, and a sword. The sword fits in a removable sheath on her thigh. Yeah, it does tend to slip down her leg sometimes. Not that bad, though.

Well, there you have her. We are supposed to get a retail version of the movie version of Jinx, but it's still not out yet. I can't wait to do a comparison. I really like this one, but the movie one is pretty much totally different. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment