Monday, July 29, 2013

TOPSIDE

You know...I'll be brutally honest...I think I mainly bought Topside here because I wanted more water Joes. He's not a bad figure, but since I was purchasing Big Boa, I just kinda added Topside to my cart. Eh. He isn't groin-grabbingly exciting, but he is okay. Like I said, I need more seamen! Uhhhhh....well, then....*ahem*....



Topside is kinda..."regular"...he doesn't stand out to me as a toy or just as a G.I. Joe character. I never knew much about him and never had one as a kiddo. I just kinda wanted him at the time and said "Oh, well." I mean, he isn't a bad figure. I really love the head sculpt too...almost like an upgrade for the club's Adventure Team Sea Adventurer. Ooh! Gotta dig mine out a try a head swap!


Gun-wise, he has a revolver which can fit in his leg holster and a machine gun (I think), which he just kinda...um...has to hold. Not bad, yet not outstanding.


Other stuff? A billy club and a hook on a string...I'm no nautical expert...maybe he needs the club to crack oysters or crab shells? The hook...maybe to swing like a pirate or to hook dingies? How the Hell should I know!?!
I hate to seem almost disinterested in the figure, but Topside is just not a Joe I fondly remember. He's not super awesome, yet not a total bore...at least unless you shuck all his gear...then he looks like a true regular Joe! Kinda interesting, in a way. Again...like I said, I just wanted some more nautical guys for my team, and Topside looked neat enough to go after.




No comments:

Post a Comment