Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The hunt for Zombie Vipers continues!

Damn...damn, damn, damn, DAMN!!! Where in the Hell are all the Zombie Vipers?! Pffft, where are all the G.I. Joes, for that matter? See, I know I mentioned my quest for the elusive last wave of Joes from 2011 before. Presumably, any new Joe stock any store gets will be old waves from 2011...since in the spring, new movie product shall be arriving. You'd think most retailers that did carry Joes would keep 'em on until the movie stuff arrives. No. Dammit! At this point, pretty much all stores have had their reset for the new year. I was waiting to go on a true toy hunt until my vacation (which is this week). It was a bust.

I had actually went out last Wednesday in the southern wing of my usual stompin' ground. K-Mart has not had Joes for a while. There are two Wal-Marts in that vicinity of PA...one in St. Clair and one in Hometown. St. Clair was apparently still carrying Joes, but the pegs were bare. A load of Crimson HISS tanks were on the shelf below, though...I'm not into those. Hometown would not be carrying them. Now today...oh, today! Well, yesterday, I had planned to go out and get it over with. It was a bit rainy out and with it being winter, I wasn't taking chances. This morning, it was dry and sunny...woulda been warm had it not been for the wind and passing clouds later. Great day! First stop was Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart...nothing...not even on the new modulars! Joe had been dropped! Yep, this was the ONE place I had my hopes rested on. I had gotten my last new Joes there and there was evidence of the wave featuring Zombie Viper. I was devastated. I did find a bunch of Joes in the clearance grotto of Lawn & Garden...mostly Renegades Cobra Commander and Firefly...I did pick up another new style Cobra Troop, at least...for five bucks. They had the new wave of Thundercats, but the one truly new character was unsurprisingly absent. HMPH! Target would be carrying Joes too, but they had one lone Cobra Commander on the pegs and none in the stockroom...bummer. I checked Ross just in case...they sometimes got old or hard-to-find toys. Nope. Did have a Transformers Generations Perceptor for $6.99...that pissed me off! I had broke down a while back and got one off eBay for over twice that (but that's another story). Toys R Us still had the same old stock from waaaaay before Christmas...more unwanted common Joes for the Renegades 'toon. So, Wilkes-Barre was a bust. I bypassed the Pittston Wally World 'cause they suck...there toy selection is horrible...nothing!


Onto Dickson City! Wal-Mart there also would not be carrying them. WHAT?! They are a bigger volume store and have always carried stuff other Wal-marts don't...so damn surprising and disheartening! Target, next door, carried Joes, but only had the usual suspects: Renegades Cobra Commander, Firefly and Snake Eyes. I quick stopped at some store called "BAM!" since I heard it replaced the old Borders book store there...eh, nothing cool...almost looked the same as Borders, but way less comics and such...bummer. Last stop was the Toys R Us up there...again, they still had Joes, but just the usual stuff...*sigh*...I popped into JOANN Crafts and finally decided it was time to make that puppet or puppets I had long dreamed of making...finally bought enough (I hope) supplies to construct several. There...I said it! Now, I have to make at least one! Stay tuned.

..........oh, and...DAMN YOU HAS-BLOW!!! Why couldn't you make more Zombie Vipers!!!! ARGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment