Saturday, January 21, 2012

Marauders BARBECUE




What do you think of when you hear the word "barbecue"? Delicious smoked meats, libations, good friends, family, fun and G.I. Joe firemen! Barbecue was originally a military firemen. His toy never had a removeable helmet, but he often removed it on the show. The new one doesn't have a removeable helmet either. The 25th Anniversary Barbecue was great. I always loved the character visually, even if he did come across as a weird knight or robot with that permanent helmet. The old Marauders version was ugly. I've said that before and I'll say it again. At least they didn't make his mask all blue, but left some metal highlights this time! Structurally, the figure still parties hearty (just like Barbecue's character), but the color scheme still don't do it for me, even if it is an improvement over the old Marauders one.

No comments:

Post a Comment